metamerist

Thursday, November 29, 2007

Goodbye, Old Paint



In 1997, I fired off an email to a little shareware company intent on mustering a small team of senior engineers tasked with building the company's flagship product up and out. In the resulting interview, I learned the company dress code: "You have to wear clothes." These guys are all right, I thought before returning home to a ringing phone and a great offer. It was the beginning of a wild and exhilarating ride.

The company always felt like the little engine that could. What we lacked in terms of technical experience and connections to the West Coast, we seemed to make up for in terms passion, tenacity and good will. In retrospect, the extent to which we succeeded still amazes me, especially given the muscle of much larger competitors.

Over the years, the downloads, users and dollars accumulated in eight and nine digit quantities. I feel very fortunate for being a part of it, and I can't express sufficient gratitude to everyone who made it possible--the great people who have supported the products and the great people with whom I have worked over the years.

Once again, thanks to all for your support.
Now, it's time to move on to new things.
Goodbye, Old Paint.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home