metamerist

Monday, June 18, 2007

Stumbling...



Latest book: Stumbling on Happiness.

We joke that the keys to happiness are low expectations and flexibility, but it seems these sentiments are closer to the mark than I previously thought.

It's been quite a while since I've enjoyed popular science writing as much as this, and I highly recommend this excellent work on the subject of human happiness by Harvard psychologist Daniel Gilbert.

Praise list sentiments resonating most with strongly me are those of Chris Anderson for the TED Book Club:

"One of the most brilliant pieces of science writing I've ever come across. Stumbling on Happiness isn't just profound. It's also unbelievably readable and, well, funny. It's truly not fair that someone as smart as Dan also gets to write like a god, but 'tis true. I really urge you to give the book a try. It will change the way you think about yourself. "

Seth Godin says, "...Gilbert writes like a cross between Malcolm Gladwell and David Sedaris."

As Sedaris fan, I concur in appreciation of Gilbert's sense of humor. Also, many nods to Bacon's Idols.

Well done!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home