metamerist

Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Architecture in Helsinki

If you need to jumpstart your own creativity, exposure to madcap creations of others is the ultimate solution*.

The whizzing whir of the Heraclitian flux that is life is keeping me too occupied to say much here. As far as 21st century music goes, I've developed an appreciation for Architecture in Helsinki, an effusively creative Australian octet.

What follows is the video for Heart it Races, but I have to warn you that this is the most whacked of the AiH vids I've found. (I love it, because I get bored easily.)

Even if you hate it, don't dismiss them off hand. They have quite a range and several videos on YouTube; e.g., check out Kindling (Winter Version), which somehow leaves me recalling both Smashing Pumpkins and Madness, if that's even possible.



*Actually, I don't know if it's true that immersion in others' creativity can jumpstart one's own creativity--I made it up--but if it inspires you to make something up too, let me know... as a test of the hypothesis.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home