metamerist

Monday, February 05, 2007

A Mac today...

If you didn't see the unflattering 2004 email from Allchin to Gates and Ballmer...

Via Slashdot: "From the class action 'Comes et al. v. Microsoft' suit, some very enlightening internal Microsoft emails are now made public. Emails to and from Bill Gates, Steve Ballmer, Jim Allchin, etc. all make for some mind blowing reading. One of my favorites is from Jim Allchin to Bill Gates, entitled 'losing our way,' in which Allchin states 'I would buy a Mac today if I was not working at Microsoft.'" (Ouch! link)

Myself, I came very close to buying a MacBook Pro today, and this is coming from a Windows application developer. Why? Windows + Mac on one box. Parallels is super cool. The other thing nearly pushing me over the edge is "Intel inside." It's not a matter of Intel is better as much as Intel is what I know. I began life as a Motorola man (6502 as a kid), but in college I wound up hacking away at x86 and stuck with it: 8086, 80268, 80386 and beyond. AL, AH, AX, EAX, RAX. Desperately in need of a new laptop, I ultimately ordered a new Dell, but I won't be surprised if my next laptop is a Mac.

1 Comments:

Blogger Zenitso said...


After looking through a few blog articles on your website,we sincerely appreciate the way you blogged. “Thank you so much for sharing all this wonderful info with the how-to's!!!! It is so appreciated!!!” “You always have good humor in your posts/blogs. So much fun and easy to read!

DRmare M4V Converter Crack

Airfoil Crack

Machinery HDR Effects Crack

Steinberg Nuendo Crack

5:51 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home