metamerist

Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Hiro the Hero



Thanks to a friend I got suckered into watching all eleven episodes of Heroes over the weekend. I say "suckered" only because I take pride in how little television I watch. (Currently, the only things I watch regularly are Lost and the Office.) For better or worse, however, I think Heroes may have me hooked.

IMHO, this made-for-television comic book is excellent on many fronts. Great story, great direction and wonderful casting. Huge kudos to Masi Oka for his creation of the character Hiro Nakamura, comedic bender of space and time. Praise as well for writer Tim Kring and actress Hayden Panettiere in creating Claire Bennett, the incredibly hazard prone yet indestructible cheerleader. And the rest of the cast is wonderful as well.

Great stuff!

2 Comments:

Blogger Twinsen said...

Now you need to sit down and watch all episodes of Dexter (Showtime), preferably in HD. Great writing and the leads are phenomenal.

12:04 PM  
Blogger metamerist said...

Several of my friends are hooked on Dexter. I worry it may exceed my gore/creepy tolerance level, which I'll readily admit is below average, but just watching the news seems more than enough for me to meet quota. :)

9:42 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home