metamerist

Sunday, May 14, 2006

Oenophilia




Time for a little wine meandering.

I am willing to plead guilty to enjoying wine, but the day I claim I'm a bonafide wine connoisseur, slap me, okay?

That said, for the past year, I've been on a quest of finding my favorite Marlborough Sauvignon Blanc. If you've never tried these wonderful New Zealand offerings and you're interested whites that are zingy and tart, these may be a great discovery for you too. They're quite distinct from all the other SB's I've tasted.

I've tried Giesen, Monkey Bay, Nobilo, Brancott, Kim Crawford, Zed, Silver Birch, Villa Maria and a few others whose names escape me. Honestly, it's probably impossible to go wrong with any of them, but at this point, I have to say Monkey Bay, Nobilo and Kim Crawford are faves; excuse the lack of vintage info, but like I said...

Jerry Hall's WINEWAVES covers many in detail here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home