metamerist

Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Gravity

Researchers are still trying to understand this enigmatic thing we call gravity, hence this post at Ars Technica titled Gravity wave mash-up. I've done a few gravity experiments myself, and I'd like to add my findings to the scientific corpus.

When I put kiddie cups upside down in the top tray of my dishwasher, they flip rightside up and fill themselves with water. I believe contributing factors are the colorless nature of the liquid and the fact no damage can result from a spill.

If, on the other hand, I fill the same kiddie cups with grape juice, there's a high probability they will flip upside down and create massive, permanent purple stains. If I put them on a new white table cloth, I doubt any forces in the universe could counteract the resultant gravitational forces.

Weird stuff, gravity.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home