metamerist

Thursday, April 20, 2006

Every Day is Like Thursday

This dude can juggle.

Next, a word or two on a question involving game theory. In an idiosyncratic lapse, perhaps, I decided to make a bid on eBay for these Lloydesque bakelite sunglasses from the twenties.



I was high bidder for quite some time at 99 cents (as if it would stay there), but suddenly somebody bid them up to a little over twenty bucks. So, in perhaps a second idiosyncratic lapse, I decided I wanted to jump bid to forty in hopes of scaring people away.

For the life of me, I can't figure out how to do it. With infinite (or should I say questionable) wisdom, eBay simply wants my maximum bid so it can helpfully keep slowly upping the ante for me all the way up to my max bid.

In the process of trying to figure this out, I stumbled onto the following curious paper:
An Analysis of Strategic Behavior in eBay Auctions

If your faith in humanity needs a little jump start, you can now download video of Milgram experiments. (via Vision Nary?)

And, finally, It's Jerry Time! gets a 2006 Emmy nom. Congratulations! (If you've never seen Jerry, try his latest video, The Karate Date)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home