metamerist

Thursday, March 16, 2006

The Daily Conundrum

Whenever I'm channel surfing and I land on an infomercial telling me how I can get rich in real estate, like many others I'm sure, the first question popping into my head is "Why would the next Donald Trump devote so much time to trying to sell get-rich-quick-books?"

Along the same line, a thought crossed my mind. What is the average PageRank of people selling services to increase PageRank? So I Google "increase pagerank" and see the context sensitive AdWords on the right side. I see "The Link Guy" is waiting to help me out.



When I get to Link Guy's site, I see he has a PageRank of zero.



Zero? Now, if you're trying even a little bit, I would think you'd be able to muster PR1. Is this a new site that hasn't been indexed yet? But if he hasn't been indexed yet, he must be pretty new at this and how can he be such an expert? Did Google pull The Link Guy's PR for TOS violations? And if they did, it seems like they're still willing to take his money.

Hmmm...

It's a conundrum.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home