metamerist

Friday, March 17, 2006

612+ Virtual Cardboard Boxes Full of Ephemera










A while back, I picked up an ultracompact digital camera. Since then it's been a miniature, constant companion, and I find myself snapping pictures nearly every day. I am wonder if this is translating into a minor lifestyle change.

Andy Warhol used to keep a cardboard box next to his desk into which he'd toss things accumulated over the course of his life. After he died, he left behind a warehouse of 612 boxes of accumulated ephemera. There's no way I can handle that level of actual clutter, but a comparable volume of virtual clutter is something I can handle.

The story of Warhol's boxes is an interesting one. Check out Warhol's Time Machine at MetropolisMag.com. Also, there's an online exhibition of the Time Capsule #21 at Warhol.org.

Time to take picture of a soup can, circa 2006.

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I really enjoy simply reading all of your weblogs. Simply wanted to inform you that you have people like me who appreciate your work. Definitely a great post. Hats off to you! The information that you have provided is very helpful. data science course in surat

10:40 PM  
Blogger Data Science said...

Extremely overall quite fascinating post. I was searching for this sort of data and delighted in perusing this one. Continue posting. A debt of gratitude is in order for sharing.business analytics course in warangal

2:17 AM  
Blogger 360DigiTMG said...

Such a helpful article. Interesting to peruse this article.I might want to thank you for the endeavors you had made for composing this wonderful article.
best data science training in hyderabad

4:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I believe this is a great site, you are working great on the content and quality of this site at the same time.
wedding photography packages
leather jacket

2:24 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home