metamerist

Thursday, February 16, 2006

The Changing of the Disc

For some time West Indian Girl has held the current favorite disc spot on my sidebar. It's a great disc worthy of more attention, but it's time for a new disc. I thought Beth Orton's new release, Comfort of Strangers, would be it; the jury's still out here, but if you're making a first Orton purchase, I strongly recommend Central Reservation.

Another contender is Imogen Heap's Speak for Yourself. If not for Yahoo! Unlimited I may not have heard it, because it unfortunately comes bundled with Sony's complimentary Rootkit software. It's a great disc, though, Ms. Heap is extremely talented and her vocals are out of this world. For samplers, fave tracks include: Headlock, Goodnight and Go and The Walk.

That said, the new disc I'm digging the most is Death Cab for Cutie's newest, Plans. It's been getting dinged quite a bit in reference to Transatlanticism, but I'm really enjoying it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home