metamerist

Sunday, January 08, 2006

Richard Hamming

Found a very interesting talk by Richard Hamming on Paul Graham's site:

"The title of my talk is, ``You and Your Research.'' It is not about managing research, it is about how you individually do your research. I could give a talk on the other subject-- but it's not, it's about you. I'm not talking about ordinary run-of-the-mill research; I'm talking about great research. And for the sake of describing great research I'll occasionally say Nobel-Prize type of work. It doesn't have to gain the Nobel Prize, but I mean those kinds of things which we perceive are significant things. Relativity, if you want, Shannon's information theory, any number of outstanding theories-- that's the kind of thing I'm talking about." continued

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home