metamerist

Friday, November 11, 2005

My Nascent Graphic Design Empire

The existence of online commerce entities such as Google Adwords and CafePress still amazes me. With very little work one can combine them and create micro-businesses that generate real money.

It's a little eerie. From a creator's perspective, all of the processes, components and products are purely digital. The only thing tangible is a paycheck popping out of a Platonic neverland. Curious, I had to give it a whirl.

Occasionally workplace frustrations leave my coworkers and I sympathizing with tragic Greek heroes: Sisyphus, Cassandra, Prometheus, etc. The Homerian moanings inspired a Google Adwords & CafePress t-shirt experiment. The idea: Sisyphus meets a Men at Work sign, with Sisyphus at Work:



The wheels of automated commerce have spun for a while now. At the current rate, all of Sisyphus' hard work is translating to a nice bottle of wine every quarter. I won't be retiring any time soon, but, still, I thank you for your support.

We live in the age of the idea. I found you can find a really good one, you can set the digital wheels in motion, sit back and let the machines take care of the work.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home