metamerist

Thursday, November 10, 2005

Akio Morita, R.I.P.

If you haven't read about the Sony BMG rootkit fiasco, I think you should. This CNet article might be a good place to start. Computer Associates has blacklisted the software included on Sony BMG music CDs, classifying it a trojan. A lawsuit has been filed.

Over the course of my life, since my first Walkman, Sony successfully built a brand with me, a brand I trusted, respected and admired. I've owned numerous Sony products over the years, and a new Sony car stereo has been sitting on my wishlist.

The recent foolish and myopic behavior of one of Sony's divisions runs the risk of obliterating trust, respect and admiration that took the entire Sony corporation decades to establish with me.

Akio Morita, R.I.P.

Goodbye, BMG.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home